They say absence makes the heart grow fonder…
And goodness gracious, does it ever! We’ve been missing all of you so much in these last two months, and we’ve been missing that contagious energy that we get from being at the shop day to day. Which is why we’re so excited to share our plans to reopen and begin welcoming our beloved clients safely back into our space!
Safety first, then teamwork…
As salons across B.C. plan to reopen from COVID-19 closures, we’re feeling so grateful and excited at the prospect of seeing each other again. That being said, we believe that preparedness is key, and we’re making sure that we’re totally ready to implement all the expanded standards of safety and sanitation required so that our clients and team members can feel comfortable and confident in our shops.
As the province enters Phase 2 of its restart plan, we’ve been fine-tuning our Foxy Box Reopening Playbook, complete with all the necessary health and safety protocols we’ll be implementing to do our part to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. In preparation of our relaunch in June we wanted to share some of these policies, guidelines, and procedures with you to demonstrate our continual and diligent commitment to safety and sanitation.
Partner let me upgrade you…
On top of our advanced proprietary Foxy training courses, we’ve also always mandated a prerequisite for all of our Vagicians to have Beauty Safe: a certification program promoting protocols for infection control, safe cleaning, sterilization and chemical practices. Working in a deregulated environment, we know the importance of raising industry standards by proactively updating and refreshing our team’s knowledge on safety and sanitation protocols. As we prepare to reopen, you can be sure that we will continue to uphold safety and sanitation as our NUMBER ONE priority.
Cleanliness is next to Foxiness…
We’re proud to say that our cleanliness standards at Foxy Box have always been medical grade and VIHA approved. We have now come up with a comprehensive list of additional safety and sanitation measures built into our COVID-19 safety plan, some of which we’ve listed below:
- Mandatory personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff and clients: effective immediately, Vagicians will be required to wear safety glasses and a mask while performing services. Clients will be required to wear masks during their treatment and while they are in the shop (you’re welcome to bring your own reusable mask to wear, but we’ll have disposable masks available for purchase if you forget).
- Installation of new equipment including a plexiglass screen in front of the reception desk, as well as a custom shield with a cut out for our debit/credit machines and a touchless hand sanitizer dispenser will ensure clinical levels of sanitation.
- We’ll be reorganizing the space to uphold social distancing regulations and allowing a maximum of 2 clients in our waiting area at any time. We’ll be removing our couches and replacing them with single chairs and marking a 2 foot perimeter around each chair to allow for proper distancing.
- We’re increasing the time between appointments in order to accommodate all our new cleaning standards and ensure that every surface is properly sanitized in between clients
- We’ll be screening each person as they enter the shop in an added effort to ensure the safety of our staff and clients. This will include a safety survey when booking appointments and a temperature check upon arrival at the shop.
These are some of the protocols and procedures we’ve included in our Reopening Playbook, all of which are in accordance with WorkSafe BC’s instructions for returning to safe operation. If you’re curious to learn more about our safety and sanitation measures, we encourage you to reach out to our team at Foxy Headquarters. We don’t beat around the bush, and we’ll continue to honor our value of total transparency by addressing any questions or concerns you may have as we move into Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan.
See you soon foxy fam…
Now that we’ve received the go-ahead from our provincial health authorities to reopen and we’ve created a comprehensive playbook of safety and sanitation measures, we’ve been able to open up our online booking for the month of June. The shop may look a little different when you come by for your next service, but rest assured we will continue to uphold our brand promise of providing the BEST hair removal experience EVER. Period. And always in a safe and sanitary environment.
We miss you, we love you, and we’re looking forward to seeing you soon! Until then, keep your chin up, stay safe & stay foxy!