ENERGY IS EVERYTHING
We are open! To help keep our staff and clients safe, we have implemented some additional protocols at all our locations.
Health Screenings and Temperature Checks
All staff and clients with appointments will answer a few screening questions and have their temperature checked (contactless) upon arrival. Here’s what to expect:
- Are you currently experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms, including sore throat, sneezing, fever, or coughing?
- Have you travelled outside of B.C in the last two weeks?
- Do you live in the same household as a confirmed or clinical COVID-19 case, or someone who is self-isolating?
If you can answer no to all of these questions, you’re good to go!
Our floors are marked with arrows to follow and seating areas are clearly marked. We have barriers setup between clients and our Front Of House foxes as well.
Additional Sanitizing and Disinfecting
All surfaces in the common areas are disinfected frequently, including the bathroom, seating areas, and all touchable surfaces at the front desk.
Not much has changed in the treatment rooms. Foxy Box has always disinfected all surfaces and instruments between every client, as well as sticking to single use items to ensure we are exceeding all safety and sanitation requirements. After all, cleanliness is next to foxiness. ????
Still the same Foxy Box!
We know it feels like so many things have changed, but here’s a few things that have stayed the same. <3
- Same hours. We are still open 7 days a week to ensure we can provide you with total convenience!
- Still accepting all forms of payment, including cash.
- Same services. We are still offering all waxing, laser, lash, and brow services.
- Same Foxy Box. You can still expect the infectious Foxy energy, smiling faces (believe us, there are smiles under there), empowering staff, and the best waxing and laser experience EVER. Period.
We can’t wait to see you!!
Getting ready for an appointment? Here are some pre-wax measures to ensure smooth-sailing during your service:
¼ Inch Hair Length
Steer clear of stimulants
Scrub your skin
Take the edge off
Come to your appointment as relaxed as you can. When you tense up, the muscles around your hair follicles tighten, making the process more difficult (and more uncomfortable). Practice deep breathing—get your zen on, Baby. Because like many things in life, the anticipation is worse than the experience.
If you have a special occasion coming up and have never been waxed, we recommend scheduling your service at least three or four days prior to the big event. Better yet, try to schedule two waxes BEFORE the big day . This way you have time to recover from any reactions or post-wax tenderness, and you’ll get the first wax (the most uncomfortable one) out of the way prior to your wedding, vacation, music festival, comic book convention, pizza party, girl’s night, what have you.
Cancellation Policy: As a courtesy to our Vagicians and other clients, provide us with a minimum of 4 hours notice, if you need to switch your appointment time or cancel altogether. A late cancellation or missed visit leaves a hole in your technician’s day that could have been filled by another client. A cancellation fee of 25% of your service, will be added to your file for cancellations made with less than 4 hours notice.
You’ve made it to your appointment, you’ve dropped your drawers, you’re on the bed, now what? Here are some notes on what you can expect during your visit:
Box Style Guide
Hair is removed from the top & sides of your undies. A quick and easy service to look trim and tidy!
This service goes deeper into the sides and top, and we also remove any hair between the bum cheeks. A good step to take before the Brazilian (we leave the most sensitive spots alone).
Our specialty! With the Brazilian we take it all. Everything is removed, including the front, the labia, and between the cheeks. However, we can leave a small strip or triangle on top if you’d like.
No need to feel awkward
Quick like a Fox
Safety and Sanitation
Your health and safety is our highest priority. After all, cleanliness is next to Foxiness. Every technician must adhere to the following protocols:
- We have a very strict NO double-dipping policy. This means that each applicator stick is used only once, so the wax being applied is always sterile.
- In addition, our techs wear latex-free disposable gloves during every service. They place non-reusable waxing paper on the table for each new client.
- All implements used (such as tweezers or scissors, etc.) are sanitized and sterilized between clients.
You did it! Way to go, you Foxy thing! Now here’s a little homework to ensure silky smooth satisfaction.
Be nice to your body
For the first 24 hours after a wax it’s important to avoid exposure to heat and bacteria since your skin is vulnerable and prone to infection, this means:
- No swimming pools, saunas, hot tubs, hot baths or hot showers
- No tanning beds or sun exposure
- No activities that will lead to profuse sweating—this will create the ideal breeding grounds for germs (jazzercise class can wait)
- No scented soaps or perfumed products of any kind. You can soothe the skin with a clean cold compress, or ask your waxer about our post-care products, look for calming extracts like cucumber, aloe, chamomile, etc.
- No hanky-panky. In fact, avoid touching the area as much as possible, you may be transferring bacteria from your hands or other people’s hands to your freshly waxed skin. After a day or two, once you’re feeling back to normal, get on with your bad self and feel free to engage in all manner of Foxy behaviours!
Exfoliate & Moisturize
Get into a rhythm
Stick with it, Kid
Ready for the good news? It gets easier baby! Your hair will become finer, softer and more sparse with regular waxes. The degree and speed of progress will vary from person to person, but stick to a consistent schedule and you’ll be thrilled with your reduction in hair. Last but not least, don’t ever hesitate to call your friendly neighbourhood Vagicians. We’re in this together; approach us with any questions or concerns.
Prepare the laser! We are over the moon excited to introduce Laser Hair Reduction to the list of services we offer here at the Foxy Box! New product, same brand promise: total convenience, unmatched consistency and the best laser experience ever… period.
How long do I have to wait after waxing to get a laser treatment done?
How do I prepare for my laser treatment?
There are just a few things to keep in mind before having a visit with your Foxy Laser Technician:
- Make sure your hair has had time to grow! We recommend 6-8 weeks after waxing or any hair removal method that pulls the hair from the root. Shave as much as you like in the meantime!
- Stay out of the sun for 4 weeks prior. In fact, avoid anything that is going to tan your skin, including tanning beds and creams. Make sunscreen apart of your daily routine to help protect your skin!
- Shave before your appointment. Our laser doesn’t target the hair itself, but the melanin in the hair follicle.
- Come 10 minutes early. Our laser appointments are quick, which means we need to have everything completed, such as your intake form, before you head in! Come early, get settled, and enjoy a cup of tea or read through our “Gay Men Draw Vaginas” book – you definitely don’t want to miss out on that.
How long does each laser treatment take?
We get it. You busy babes have places to be! While the length of time for each area of the body is different, our services are still delivered the same way—fast and efficient. In fact, some areas can be completed in only a few minutes!
Since a Laser Underarm treatment, for example, only takes about 10 minutes, we ask that you please come 10 minutes early to ensure your intake form is complete and you are ready for your appointment.
Do I have the right hair and skin type for laser?
With that in mind, your hair must have pigment to it. Extremely blonde, red, or grey hair cannot be effectively treated, as the melanin acts as the target. If your hair is lighter than your skin colour, you may not be a good candidate.
Yeah, but like how much does it hurt?
How many treatments do I need?
How effective is it? Is it permanent?
We have one of the best lasers in the galaxy, babe. This bad boy zaps away those unwanted hairs with 70%-90% hair reduction noticed after 6-8 sessions!
There are a few things that may cause regrowth, such as hormone changes (eg. pregnancy), however, on the whole, the process of laser is permanent! You can expect many follices to no longer produce any hair, while a few may only produce thin, light, virtually invisible hair.
Can I get laser treatments if I am on Accutane?
Face treatments or products that includes retinols or AHAs and BHAs should be avoided for at least 4 weeks before treatment as well.
Can I get laser treatments if I’m pregnant?
When can I resume my daily activities?
What kind of Laser do you use?
What is different about the Vectus Laser?
There are a few things that set our machine apart!
Large Spot Size: This means we can cover more area in less time, so your treatments will be done in a flash.
Contact Cooling: Direct cooling of the skin for the most comfortable experience.
Skintel Melanin Reader: This device takes accurate measurements of the active melanin in your skin. With this information, we accurately choose settings to best fit your skin type. The results? Increased safety and effective treatments!
Do you have a laser guarantee?
We want to ensure that every guest leaves feeling foxy from head to tail! To ensure our quality of service please keep these policies in mind:
Arrive a few minutes early
We get it, we get it, parking is CRAZY, there are turtles driving on the road everywhere, and you couldn’t very well yell at your boss during the meeting that ran late: ‘I’VE GOTTA GO!!! I’VE GOT A WAX APPOINTMENT!’ Don’t sweat it sister, here at the box we totally understand life is crazy and sometimes life gets set back. If you know you are going to be late, please give us a call so we can be prepped and ready to throw you on the table. Keep in mind, if you are running behind 5 minutes or more for your appointment we may not be able to accommodate your service. While we are the fastest foxes in the West, we do require the full 20 minute appointment to make sure we give you the best wax. If our technician can’t squeeze you in, we’ll be happy to reschedule your appointment for a time that works for everyone.
Nobody likes to be stood up. Our team of Vagicians are just as excited as you to have a wax date! You double book yourself, the famous person you always dreamed of asking you for coffee finally did!!! We get it, babe, schedules change and we’re happy to accommodate! If you must cancel or reschedule your wax appointment please give our Shop 4 hours’ notice by that good old-fashioned means of communication…TELEPHONE. You can find all of our Shop’s phone numbers right here on this website or Google your nearby location and Google will help you get it right away. Failure to give 4 hours notice and NO-SHOWs will be charged 25% of their service onto their next appointment. With this time we can happily find a fox to fill this time slot so our Vagicians aren’t left hanging. We thank you for your understanding.
Treatment Room Tactics
Learn about Foxy Box memberships and join today!
Can the laser tiers of the Fox Club be used at other locations?
No, the services must be redeemed at the place of purchase. If you move, you can cancel and re-sign up at your closest location.
Are the laser Fox Club service transferable?
No, the services must be redeemed by the initial member.
Can I combine my Fox Club perks with other discounts and promotions?
No, discounts cannot be combined.
What is the billing cycle?
You will be billed once every 5 weeks.
Why is the billing cycle longer?
Since the time between laser services varies a lot more than waxing (eg. could be 5 weeks for an upper lip but 7 weeks for a half leg), we have extended the time between billing dates. Additionally, these services do not expire for a year (except the Diamond level) in case you have sun exposure or need to take a break.
Can I pause or freeze a membership?
No, you cannot pause or freeze a membership.
How do I cancel a membership?
Once signed up you agree to a 3 month commitment and need to provide 1 month notice inorder to cancel.
What's a buddy pass?
Buddy passes are given with the purchase of a Laser Membership and are valid for one FREE underarm laser service. Buddy passes must be used by non-members only and expire after one year.
How do I use a buddy pass?
A buddy pass is redeemable for one free underarm laser service and expires after a year. They are not available for you (the member) to use.
How often do I get buddy passes?
The buddy passes are only given at sign-up. If you cancel and sign-up again later, then you are only eligible to receive buddy passes once per year.
When does my membership expire?
Services expire ONE YEAR after the purchase date, EXCEPT the Diamond Tier. Clients only receive Unlimited Laser while they are paying monthly.